So I mentioned before that I'm trying to use up supplies I already have on hand - we are in the process of moving to a new (bigger...) house (read: CRAFT ROOM!) and I am squeezing projects in between moving and packing. This project rocks because it's a) easy b) free c) easy d) free. Catch my drift?
Go get an old t shirt, a pair of scissors, your sewing machine (or you can hand sew it, honestly) and a glue gun.
- Cut a strip from the bottom of the tee shirt that is 1.5 inches wide.
- Measure the circumference of your head, and subtract 2 inches
- Fold the strip of cloth in half (right sides in) and sew a seam up the edge
(No, you're not crazy - that IS a different color. These are so easy, I made two!)
- Turn the fabric right side out, and glue on a fabric flower
(you can find fabric flower tutorials all over the internet and most of you probably know how to do them already, but if not - the original blog has some or you can google to your heart's content!)
- I hot glued my fabric flower to the band and then hand sewed a few stitches for extra strength
Anyway, these headbands are really comfortable - they don't give you a headache at all! Gotta love that. For the original blog check out Craft Snob